Building this site: Day 5

May 26, 2020

Day 5 (A)

I'm not fully sure how to approach this. I'm going to go with the following plan and see how it rolls:

  • Copy over all the existing CSS from my old CV project.
  • Get the button bar in position and working with simple styles.
  • Get the main layout working first; responsively. It'll mean I need to figure out some flexbox magic for phone/tablet versions.
  • Add the styling for all of the elements.

Result

Yeaaaah, that didn't work. I had to get the styles sorted with the PDF version first before doing the responsive version as the layouts are completely separate. I also spent quite some time trying to figure out how to generate the section elements with one function call as opposed to repeating the patterns for each of them. I still don't quite understand the difference between calling the function outside the class definition or inside it, outside of the syntactical differences. I'll have to look that up later.

Nyeh. I spent relatively few hours working sooooo... I'm calling today 5A. :P

Tomorrow:

  • Fix the PDF version.
  • Adjust the responsive version because I can take the page constraints off now.
  • Fix the category active button styling.
  • And fix all the bugs/issues I found on Day 4.

Tfw you've already lined up another tiny project right before you're about to finish one. I can never catch a break :') Not that I'd have it any other way.

Day 5 (B)

Thwarted. Absolutely thwarted. All I really managed to do today was get the PDF working properly, with images on it, and Developer and Designer versions being rendered separately. Everything from the CV JSON files and images are on the PDF though and in roughly the right place, so I'm getting close.

On the bright side, it looks like just one more day should do it. It's time to finish off rendering everything in the PDF, the responsive CV-folio page, and Day 4 fixes! :D

Built with <3 by Tabs. All rights reserved ® 2020. Yes, all of them.