There's absolutely no reason I'm doing this website now. Nope. I'm definitely not coding this to avoid my other coding obligations. And it's definitely not because I initiated a portfolio review and feedback session for everyone at Artifex in two weeks, nope.
I'm going to preface this with saying I'll need the following list of items, and I'll use this as my
shit to-do list for the day:
- Site pages (home, about, writing, lab, work)
- Article search
- Home page: spiffy
- [x]Generated of articles sorted by date
- Topic tags in each post
- Filterable list (by category)
- Individual article pages
- Individual tag pages
- Markdown image support
- Video support
- For now, just a gallery of projects (work or otherwise, doesn't matter)
- Each item should link to a post (markdown), which supports video and gifs
- Grid layout
- Gif and video featured images
- For later, I want this to look like some of 3D space... Maybe
- Coded version of my CV
- CV data should be stored in JSON
- Options: Developer CV, Designer CV
- Save as PDF for CV
- Web version can be slightly different
- Pop-ups that show content in markdown of CV items
Aaaand I'm gonna fiddle with the CSS and styling last because that takes me f o r e v e r.
I decided to try to take inspiration from the following Bruce Lee quote instead of the whole Cyberpunk aesthetic I'm currently obsessed with:
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
I had that version on my previous website as well. I feel like it's a great metaphor for responsive and accessible web design as well as human development:
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.
I'm so going to animate that in CSS or something one day.
Anyway: I have fourteen days. Let's get to it!