A bit about me
I'm a developer currently based in Canberra, Australia. I mostly work in front-end software development in an effort to drive everything towards the user experience being at the core. I have some back-end knowledge and goals of a fullstack skillset. I absolutely thrive working remotely.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering (with Honours), and a Master's in Digital Art (with a specialisation in Visual Effects). My design knowledge is self-taught (as were all my technical art skills prior to my degree) or acquired through short courses. I love learning and make it a core part of my life.
When I'm not coding or doing one of my now things, I'm gaming (Cyberpunk tabletop rpg, board games, video games), munching on cookies, reading, or annoying guildies.
What I'm up to now
- Building my my personal site.
- Hosting workshops, streams, and projects at Artifex.
- Developing kickass community software at Grid.
- Designing the Research Centre for Deep History's interactive atlas using Leaflet.
- Learning to be a plant mom.
- Plotting to get a cat.
- Australia is actually my fifth country of residence! I'm from South Africa, and lived in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Malaysia.
- I started scripting around the age of twelve and found myself navigating a sea of technology over the next few years. Also forever.
- I've been leading a video gaming guild for 11 years. They're my fam <3.
- The boundaries people put up between subject areas grinds my gears. Nothing in the real world relies on just one skillset to solve a problem - they're all important, just differently.
- I really do want a cat.